Lightning from Clouds : Answer for our energy needs ?

Aaah the storm ! strike.. thunder..  what was that i missed ?  A tera million volts of electricity just zipped through and I just saw it disappear right in front of my own eyes.. and I didn't see it coming. and another one just a few miles across.. they are just all over.. so much charge, just gone in a moment ? well how much was lost ? a tera million volts or more ? What did we even lose ? what we lost was what we didn't capture.. wel how could I .. It is so immense and momentary and how could I reach to it and where could I store that all ? i just don't know. This is exactly whats going on every scientist's mind when the lightning strikes.. Alas I wished an idea flashed as well to bring this dream to fruition..

All that we need is a reservoir that could store this energy or an energy in converted form. Some of the ideas are to use the energy to create a hydrolysis of water and separate hydrogen and oxygen , store them for use later. Another possibility is to store this energy in large capacitors.
If that cant be done,  use the energy to melt a metal resorvoir with hi specifc latent heat and use the hot molten metal to produce steam; in a way thermal power..

Whatever the solution, the chances of beign able to use the power for a cleaner energy is definitely tue.


No comments:

Post a Comment